cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Analyzing Performance in Dynatrace

josh_monreal
Newcomer

We currently have a REST API application that is deployed in an Azure VM via IIS. We used Dynatrace to monitor its performance, however there's a particular request that I'm finding hard to understand.

Based from the image above the web request took 14.9 seconds, however the request to the REST API only took 1.37 seconds. There was a self time of 13.5 seconds from IIS. What does this mean?

3 REPLIES 3

AntonioSousa
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

It can be inside IIS, and for that you should check if "IIS Modules" is activated and verify if some module is consuming a lot. One such case I haven't yet solved is this one:

https://community.dynatrace.com/spaces/482/dynatrace-open-qa/questions/238759/globalasax.html

It can be something like Suspension, and you can check it in .Net metrics tabs of your IIS processes.

It can also be code running, and that you can check through "Method Hotspots" in your invoked services.

Antonio Sousa

Yosi_Neuman
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Hi @Josh M.

As @Antonio S. explained you need to click on the ... under actions and choose Response time hotspots

More information how to use it can be found in documentation

HTH

Yos

dynatrace certificated professional - dynatrace master partner - Matrix Soft Ware Division - Israel

Thank you @Yos N. I was able to identify that it was the middleware that was causing the slowness. It seems weird though that it just happens on a random basis.

Featured Posts