cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pulling configuration information

leif_ericksen
Participant

BLUF: Can I generate a report that will show all monitored applications in my Dynatrace environment, with the API calls available?

I am looking for the best way to report on what applications are being monitored with Dynatrace. I was considering pulling information from Management Zones, Synthetics, and installed Web monitors.  However, this seems clumsy and would require standardizing naming conventions in Dynatrace. Since I have 18 environments I am looking for the best way to manage this or to find any tools that might already exist. When I was looking at the API libraries it seems that the API to pull management zone information has been deprecated. So it is still possible with powerbi or other tools to pull the management zone information? Or what direction do I take that? And so far I have not seen anything on pulling the configurations for web services. 

The following seems to get my Synthetics but I am struggling with Web and Management zones.

curl -X 'GET' \

'https://{environmentid}.live.dynatrace.com/api/v1/synthetic/monitors' \

-H 'accept: application/json; charset=utf-8' \

-H 'Authorization: Api-Token MyTokenHere'

Thanks 

2 REPLIES 2

I will dig into that documentation and share it with the person I am working with to pull the reports. That does look useful.

Featured Posts