cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Looking to upgrade from Dynatrace Managed to SaaS? See how

API to set/read "Maximum ingest of log events per minute" in environments

Sean_Bridges
Participant

I'm looking for an API endpoint (Cluster/Environment) to see what each monitoring environment has set for their "Maximum ingest of log events per minute". This limit does not seem to appear in the /cluster/v2/environments api (seems like it should). Is anyone aware of a Managed API endpoint that allows for querying and/or setting this?

2023-10-20 08_46_18-Environments - Details - Cluster Management - Dynatrace.png

9 REPLIES 9

radek_jasinski
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

I have, that is to have the cluster recalculate the global limit. However, doesn't give any ability to look at each environments default limit, or to set it.

Unfortunately I couldn't find anything else either. Perhaps @Julius_Loman has an idea?

Have a nice day!

No idea. I don't think this is exposed. @Radoslaw_Szulgo - any chance to add the event ingest limit info and setting (per environment) to the cluster api?

Certified Dynatrace Master | Alanata a.s., Slovakia, Dynatrace Master Partner

Use the other API:

https://www.dynatrace.com/support/help/managed-cluster/cluster-api/cluster-api-v2/log-monitoring/pos...

It returns the limit value of the environment. I guess that's what's needed, right?

Senior Product Manager,
Dynatrace Managed expert

That endpoint does not return anything?

Sean_Bridges_0-1698265494100.png

I'm just looking for a quick way to query out what every monitoring environment is set at without needing to click through each environment.

Mizső
DynaMight Leader
DynaMight Leader

Hi @Sean_Bridges,

I also could not find it.☹️ I have checked the cluster api v2 / get environments id without success:

Mizs_0-1698168408415.png

Best regrads,

Mizső

Dynatrace Community RockStar 2024, Certified Dynatrace Professional

radek_jasinski
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

You can set up Product Idea, because it looks like there is no such option

Have a nice day!

Sean_Bridges
Participant

Thanks everyone for confirming I wasn't overlooking something obvious. I guess a feature request would be the best way going forward. With a default ingestion limit of only 1k and no way to specify via API when creating an environment it seems like this would be beneficial to anyone who has automated onboarding in Managed.

Featured Posts