Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Looking to upgrade from Dynatrace Managed to SaaS? See how

Change the IP of Cluster ActiveGate

m_nasrudin1
Guide

Hi,

I have a Cluster ActiveGate, but I have a plan to change the IP address of that Cluster ActiveGate, because now the Cluster AG server not in DMZ, need to change the IP to locate the server to DMZ.

Should I need to update the configuration of Cluster AG when the IP change ?

This cluster AG is plan to used for mobile RUM

3 REPLIES 3

Radoslaw_Szulgo
Dynatrace Guru
Dynatrace Guru

If that's only the case you need to attach a network interface card (NIC) / eventually if it's virtual machine -> reconfigure networking settings / security groups etc. then you just need to restart AG and update IP address in Cluster Management Console (CMC) so Real User Monitoring gets the new IP - actually if that's a public RUM then I assume you use a domain that you should update with the new IP "A" record.

Senior Product Manager,
Dynatrace Managed expert

I mean configuration in Activegate side, so I just need to restart the AG and update IP address in CMC ?

FYI in this case, mobile RUM is not yet connected to cluster AG because previously I instrument the mobile apps with oneagent as beacon endpoint, and the data from mobile apps is just from native part, nothing webview data coming to Dynatrace because previously this cluster AG don't have public IP. Now the server want to move to DMZ, so the private IP will change and also adding public IP

Then my solution should work - restart + configure in CMC public IP/endpoint

Senior Product Manager,
Dynatrace Managed expert

Featured Posts