cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Looking to upgrade from Dynatrace Managed to SaaS? See how

Does Dynatrace Confirm Safe Data Transmission from OneAgent to Managed Cluster?

agylpradipta
Helper

So in Dynatrace Managed, there is a scheme where the server containing OneAgent will send monitoring data to the Cluster ActiveGate on port 9999. Then, the monitoring data from the Cluster ActiveGate will be forwarded to the managed cluster on port 443. Is that correct?

Now, my questions are:

• Is there any official documentation from Dynatrace stating that the data is indeed only sent in one direction? In other words, data sent from OneAgent to CAG and then to the Managed Cluster will not have any return that will modify any configurations on the application server.

• Is there official documentation from Dynatrace stating that the data sent from OneAgent to CAG and then to the Managed Cluster is secure? That there will be no data leakage.

• Does Dynatrace also provide recommendations or steps for hardening both the server containing OneAgent and ActiveGate so that the data is secure and not leaked?

Thank you in advance.

4 REPLIES 4

radek_jasinski
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Hi,

In Dynatrace Managed, a typical configuration involves the OneAgent sending monitoring data to the Cluster ActiveGate on port 9999. This data is then passed from the Cluster ActiveGate to the Managed Cluster on port 443. This flow is actually designed to be unidirectional, with data moving from the OneAgent to the Cluster ActiveGate and then to the Managed Cluster, without any return flow that changes configurations on the application server.

Dynatrace emphasises the security of data in transit and at rest. This typically includes encryption and other security protocols to ensure that data remains confidential and is protected from unauthorised access or leakage.

Radek

Have a nice day!

Thank you, Radek, for your explanation.

Is there any official documentation related to your statement that I could refer? So, if there are potential customers who ask, I can show them the official documentation. I have tried searching but have not found anything suitable.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Unfortunately, I do not know if there are official documents. It is best to ask within the support ticket.

Have a nice day!

Featured Posts