cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynatrace display issue when scrolling down

MedB
Frequent Guest

Hi

I try to open "Problems" view on dynatrace. When i scroll down, the "Impacted", "Affected", "Root cause" and "alerting profiles" columns disappeared.

when i scroll up the columns appear again.

This issue is only on Ms Edge. (no problem with chrome browser)

I've tried to clear story and cache => the same issue 

Scrolling up:

MedB_2-1674569651152.png

Scrolling down:

MedB_3-1674569692161.png

Thanks for your help.

17 REPLIES 17

HannahM
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

Hi MedB, 

yes, this is a known issue that we are working on. We'll let you know when the fix will be available. As you found, it only affects Edge. 

Best wishes, Hannah

Synthetic SME and community advocate.

MedB
Frequent Guest

Thank you for your help.

Best regards.

When is this fix being deployed as it's been affecting us for quite a while now?

I would have assumed that Dynatrace test their UI with all major Browser to ensure that issues like this do not occur.

HannahM
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

If you're SaaS, the  fix is in 1.261, which has been rolled out to most customer's already. If you are on Managed, you will need to wait for 1.262, which will be available in a couple of weeks. 

Daniël
Guide

Just to add; this (annoying) issue is not only on the problem screen but also happening on other screens as well. It looks to be more frequent on smaller screens. I experience more issue on my tablet screen (when travelling) rather than using the big monitor being on the office or at home.

Hopefully will be fixed soon.

rcoe
Newcomer

I have also seen a variety of Edge-specific UI view element scaling/rendering problems when scrolling.  For example, the RHS control to show the section headers disappears when scrolling down.  This could be the cause of the 'Host performance' widgets going from 'tiled' to full width.  There's also the redraw of widgets to full width when scrolling down to the point where the Incoming Connections/Outgoing Connections views are not visible after scrolling.

HannahM
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

A fix has been created. We're expecting it to be pushed later this week or next. Thanks for your patience. 

That's great @HannahM ! Is it already known in which version the fix will be rolled out? 

Looking forward seeing your response, 

Kind regards,

Daan

HannahM
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

It was a fix to something bundled with the Cluster. So I'm expecting it to come out with 1.259 which has started to be rolled out to customers.

HannahM
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

Unfortunately, the fix wasn't as successful as we had believed. We are reviewing this and will update you when we have more information

HannahM
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

This will be fixed in Cluster 1.261. 
In the meantime, please continue to use the workaround of using a different browser. Thanks. 

HannahM
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

1.261 is now being rolled out to SaaS tenants and I can confirm it's working for me on Edge in this release. 🎉

Peter_Ralston
Advisor

All, for those who can't or are annoyed enough not to wait (like me), it is because of a specific feature flag in edge. 

In the Edge URL bar , enter: edge://flags/ 

search for and change the 'smooth scrolling' option to disabled and restart browser.

Peter_Ralston_0-1678062035355.png

the issue is then gone.  Welcome back to stable screens. 

Great tip. Thanks Peter. 

Thanks Peter,

I've tried your suggestion but unfortunately the problem screen remains problematic....  

Kind regards,

Daan

HannahM
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

We have backported the fix to Managed 1.260.164. I'm not sure yet if there will be a GA refresh, so if you need this and your cluster is on a lower version of 1.260 please open chat and we'll get the latest version published to your cluster.

Nice! We've asked our managed provider to pick it up and they've installed it last night. Screens are finally back to normal and behaving steady again...

Featured Posts