cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interacting with Dynatrace without a UI?

AntonioSousa
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

One of the things we did in today's SSO outage, was to check what we could do without a UI 😁

We have several automatic processes for both ingestion and extraction of data through the Dynatrace APIs. All of them kept on flowing flawlessly through the process. This included also extensions checking for several issues, including several ITSM integrations. The suggestion of checking for problems through the API given in dynatrace.status.io was a very interesting one, although we only managed to use it because we had tokens at hand 😀

Wondering what other interesting experiences did Dynatracers have today, interacting with Dynatrace without a UI?

Antonio Sousa
1 REPLY 1

dannemca
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

I have my own Grafana Dashboard collecting all Problems from Dynatrace thru APIs, and yesterday I just figured out that I may need to enhance it, showing also the Problems details, instead of basic info only (number, sev, affected entity, tags).

New dashboards just popped out to my mind during yesterday as well.. such one using the dsfm metrics for self monitoring.

Having the token previously created is also a "good to have/must secure" thing.

Site Reliability Engineer @ Kyndryl

Featured Posts