cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Looking to upgrade from Dynatrace Managed to SaaS? See how

Restore an environment from backup on a Managed cluster

Sean_Bridges
Participant

Is it possible to restore a specific environment from a Dynatrace Managed backup?

While doing testing in our poc environment, we deleted an environment that had an ActiveGate communicating with it. The managed cluster does have backups enabled and I was able to grab a copy of the backups from one of the nodes. Is there anything in here that would allow me to recreate the environment so that the ActiveGate that were previously communicating with it would pickup and connect again?

Don't care much about any data collected or other configuration other than the base tokens, keys that allow integration to recover. Any tips?

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2

Julius_Loman
DynaMight Legend
DynaMight Legend

Please contact Dynatrace support. There is only method of restoring the whole cluster from backup. But as far as I know, the cluster keeps some environment configuration information even for deleted environments. @Radoslaw_Szulgo - is the environment token part of it?

Certified Dynatrace Master | Alanata a.s., Slovakia, Dynatrace Master Partner

That's correct. You can only restore the whole cluster. The backup contains all configuration and monitored data incl. tokens.

Senior Product Manager,
Dynatrace Managed expert

Featured Posts