cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the policy for automatic instrumentation?

Julius_Loman
DynaMight Legend
DynaMight Legend

We have a Windows 2012 server with an application consisting of many .NET processes (>30). After agent installation, all of the .NET processes are not instrumented (e.g. monitoring is disabled by default on the process group level). I have to enable monitoring of each process group individually.

What are the reasons for it? No known NET framework used in the processes? Not listening on TCP port?

Certified Dynatrace Master | Alanata a.s., Slovakia, Dynatrace Master Partner
4 REPLIES 4

hmor3
Inactive

Hi Julius , how are you manually enabling the monitoring ?

By .NET processes restart ?

No I'm very well aware the process must be restarted to be deeply instrumented.

I have to to process group setting and manually change the setting, see here:

After turning the monitoring on for the individual process group and host I have to restart the process to get the deep instrumentation working (that's ok).

Is this something Windows specific / Application specific / NET specific? I thought that all processes of known technologies for deep instrumentation will be automatically monitored on Linux or Windows hosts.

Hello @Julius L. , i have noticed the exact similar behaviour as mentioned by you in snapshot.

have you received an answer on this or not? P

Well, not yet. I've noticed this behaviour with just one application (don't have access to other instances of this app). I believe this app is probably not directly instrumentable (obfuscated or packaged), so Dynatrace turns off the monitoring for this process.

Featured Posts