cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

userTagging in Application

pshinde
Inactive

Hi All,

We want to use userTagging but not sure what should be used in tag . I got below element from my Page. Can somebody help to user stand whether it should be meta data tag or CSS selector and what value I should use example input name = USER something

<table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0"><tbody><tr><td><input name="USER" id="singlepoint-username" style="width: 150px;" type="text" maxlength="256" autocomplete="off"></td>

4 REPLIES 4

Radu
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

Hi Prashant,

There's really good documentation online for CSS selectors here https://api.jquery.com/category/selectors/

And you can test your selector by opening dev tools in Chrome, switching to the console tab, and running document.querySelector() function inside it. If it returns your element, then Dynatrace will also find it.

In your case, I would try with input#singlepoint-username

Best regards,

Radu

Hi Radu,

When we check .navTxt>label we get a long answer:

Is there a way get the value of title?

Yos

dynatrace certificated professional - dynatrace master partner - Matrix Soft Ware Division - Israel

Radu
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

Hi Yos,

I should've mentioned this. There is a long answer because document.querySelector() will return in the console the entire element as it appears in the HTML of the page. However, when Dynatrace extracts a user tag based on the selector, it will always show only the inner text of that element. So, in the example of your screenshot, Dynatrace would get the user tag from that element as "Welcome S140_qa2" (because that's the inner text of that element).

Regards,

Radu

Hi Radu,

We have tried it (.navTxt>label) out already with no luck the session are not tag

Yos

dynatrace certificated professional - dynatrace master partner - Matrix Soft Ware Division - Israel

Featured Posts