cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

limitation with Dynatrace Synthetics : Application/Script to pull a report of Problems in Dynatrace Synthetics using API call

kulwinder_singh
Inactive

lomas.zip

Hi All,

I have Just created a small script/Application to pull details of all the problems during given time frame. It uses the API call to pull the list of all problems in a given time frame. It uses the API time presets to pull data. i have tested it on SaaS platform of Dynatrace Synthetics. I am sharing the Source code here with instructions how to modify it for your environment.

Please share the feedback suggestions here with me it will help me improve the solution.

Instructions:

You will need to update path variables and API keys,Time and tags and environment name in script rest it will do and pull out the report in CSV. Hope everyone likes it. I have names it LOMAS-list of monitors affected in Synthetics.

regards,

Kulwinder Singh

9 REPLIES 9

Carl_Morphet
Dynatrace Mentor
Dynatrace Mentor

Cool - thanks for sharing Kulwinder!

kulwinder_singh
Inactive

I am adding a instructions doc with the script on how to modify it as per you environment.

instructions-to-run-the-script.docx

kulwinder_singh
Inactive

Added email functionality to the script just supply the missing values and it will drop a mail with an attachment of report in csv format.lomas-2.zip schedule it and it will do that automatically at regular intervals.

Hi @Kulwinder S. I am looking fr an option to send auto reports for open Problems in every 3 hours. Can you please advise if you script can help here.

Thanks!

kulwinder_singh
Inactive

@Roushan K.-

the Script uses the API presets that are there available from Dynatrace and these are("5mins","10 mins","15mins","30mins","hour","2hours","6hours","day","week","month") Custom time other than that is not working for now. but for these presets it can send auto report once scheduled.

kulwinder_singh
Inactive

@Roushan K.

-Its not like you cant use custom time but its tricky API only accepts custom time in Epoch and normal time has to be converted to that before it can be used.

Thanks for replying @Kulwinder S.

I will try it and let you know.

Just a thought- if I want to send a automatic email will that be possible?

kulwinder_singh
Inactive

If you check the script above lomas-2.zip it has email functionality in it. you will have to add your smtp server, from to address and then schedule the script at desired interval it should do the trick..

Featured Posts