cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ActiveGate extensions deployment necessary steps

AntonioSousa
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

When deploying an extension to an ActiveGate, I typically recommend following these points:

1. Put the ZIP in the deployment directory
  2. Unzip the ZIP file there
  3. Restart the remotepluginmodule service

The documentation states that we only have to do #1. Are there any advantages in doing #2 and #3? I'm also concerned if the initialize function in python is executed or not in such circumstances? I've checked several documentation pages and also the SDK documentation, but still have doubts. Does anyone have more info, or experience on how this works under the hood?

Antonio Sousa
3 REPLIES 3

Mike_L
Dynatrace Guru
Dynatrace Guru

Hi,

The only necessary step is #2. Placing the zip files in that directory doesn’t accomplish anything, and as long as there is a new plugin.json file detected or a new version number in a plugin.json file the plugin module restarts automatically.

Mike

Mike

@Mike_L,

Thanks for your reply! So, I believe from your words that it checks the plugin.json files every minute, and if it detects a new version, it restarts the remotepluginmodule service. So that implies that the initialize function is run again, but it also means it runs again for all installed extensions?

Antonio Sousa

That is correct.

Mike

Featured Posts