cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extensions 1.0 - building plugin behind a firewall

rdinis
Participant

Hi all,

I'm creating an extension 1.0 for OneAgent and Im having problems in building it.

Basically, I'm working for a client that doesn't allow and it's not possible to transfer zips from outside the organization, so I can't build the ext outside and send the zip file inside.

I have the plugin_sdk installed in a host inside of the organization. 

When I'm trying to use the command plugin_sdk build_plugin it appears that its not possible to communicate from the host to the pip repository.

Installing plugin to temporary location
Processing /tmp/tmpbotw_qqz/dist/abc_extension-1.3-py3-none-any.whl
WARNING: Retrying (Retry(total=4, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None, status=None)) after connection broken by 'ProxyError('Cannot connect to proxy.', OSError('Tunnel connection failed: 407 Proxy Authentication Required',))': /simple/requests/
WARNING: Retrying (Retry(total=3, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None, status=None)) after connection broken by 'ProxyError('Cannot connect to proxy.', OSError('Tunnel connection failed: 407 Proxy Authentication Required',))': /simple/requests/
WARNING: Retrying (Retry(total=2, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None, status=None)) after connection broken by 'ProxyError('Cannot connect to proxy.', OSError('Tunnel connection failed: 407 Proxy Authentication Required',))': /simple/requests/
WARNING: Retrying (Retry(total=1, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None, status=None)) after connection broken by 'ProxyError('Cannot connect to proxy.', OSError('Tunnel connection failed: 407 Proxy Authentication Required',))': /simple/requests/
WARNING: Retrying (Retry(total=0, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None, status=None)) after connection broken by 'ProxyError('Cannot connect to proxy.', OSError('Tunnel connection failed: 407 Proxy Authentication Required',))': /simple/requests/
ERROR: Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement requests>=2.6.0 (from abc-extension) (from versions: none)
ERROR: No matching distribution found for requests>=2.6.0
Failed to install the plugin into temporary location

(firewall problems 🤔)

The funny part is that I have locally the requests installed:

$ pip show requests
Name: requests
Version: 2.27.1
Summary: Python HTTP for Humans.
License: Apache 2.0
Requires: certifi, charset-normalizer, idna, urllib3
Required-by: plugin-sdk

In this part of documentation:

• The command plugin_sdk build_plugin uses a pip package manager to download and prepare any package needed by an extension.

I would like to know if it's possible to change the plugin_sdk so that he can fetch locally the packages or to change the place where the plugin_sdk gets the packages. 

Thanks all,
RD 

2 REPLIES 2

Mike_L
Dynatrace Guru
Dynatrace Guru

That part of the plugin SDK is in python, so you could change it to use local modules if available.

If all you need is requests you can skip that though seeing as the plugin agent comes with requests and it is on the sys.path automatically. 

Mike

Jan_VanBelle
Participant

I'm using px.exe as a workaround

GitHub - genotrance/px: An HTTP proxy server to automatically authenticate through an NTLM proxy

set the HTTP_PROXY and HTTPS_PROXY variables and restart the build process.

Featured Posts