cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heatmap in Dynatrace

waikeat_chan
DynaMight Pro
DynaMight Pro

Back in the old AppMon days, we can see heatmap of a webpage.

It is possible to do so in Dynatrace? (and if yes, does it consume DEM-Units?)

Best Regards,

Wai Keat

11 REPLIES 11

Babar_Qayyum
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Hello @Wai Keat C.

You can use the below extension for the heatmap. I am not sure about DEM consumption.

https://github.com/LucasHocker/DynatraceDashboardPowerups#heatmap

Regards,

Babar

Thanks Babar,

I see that in the link you share, the heatmap looks something like this:

However, the heatmap I'm looking is something like this:

So just wondering have you ever seen something like this ever been done?

Best Regards,

Wai Keat

Hello @Wai Keat C.

The referenced screenshot by you reminds me about the AppMon.

Regards,

Babar

Yup, it can be done in AppMon. That's why I am wondering if it can be done in DT Managed or not.

pahofmann
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

The data is availible in dynatrace so it would be possible to write a new plugin or maybe adapt the old appmon plugin for heatmap visualization. As far as I know nobody has done that yet though.

Dynatrace Certified Master, AppMon Certified Master - Dynatrace Partner - 360Performance.net

AlexanderSommer
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

We have visual click heatmaps on the long term roadmap. At this point in time we don't store every click in a way that it can be used for such visualizations. Of course Dynatrace has every user action and custom actions for a specific view but not every click.
What about a top "clicked/used" list of user actions per view?

would love to see the heatmap brought back.  Appmon rocked!

Hi Alexander, do you have any news regarding the "visual click heatmaps"? When could we expect this feature? Thank you

Hi, this feature is still planned for the long term roadmap. It won't probably happen during the next few quarters. 

Is the top "clicked/used" list of user actions per view that Alexander mentioned helpful in any way?
Since we introduced the pages and page groups earlier this year, there is this list of top user actions in one view that can be used: 
https://www.dynatrace.com/support/help/shortlink/pages-and-pagegroups#page-group-or-page-overview.

I would say the top clicked/used is not helpful.  The ask from me would be to return the features we used to have in AppMon with the heatmap of user clicks.  Apdex heatmap is not valuable either IMO.

Hi there,
since this feature is asked by several customer, is it possible to know the actual planning?

Thanks,
Luca

Featured Posts