Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IBM MQ default extension events

Babar_Qayyum
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Dear All,

What is the default IBM MQ extension event for the Failed to get data from queue manager?

I would like to close this event for the time being.

Regards,

Babar

5 REPLIES 5

diego_morales
Dynatrace Advisor
Dynatrace Advisor

Hi Babar,

I'm not sure I understand the question. Could you elaborate more?

Are you asking what that event is? The content of the event will tell you what it is, because it can change depending on the error received from IBM MQ.

Are you asking if you can disable it? Disable the endpoint connection or stop polling from that queue manager that is giving you all those errors.

Thanks,

Diego

Hello @diego_morales 

Thank you for your comments. I do not want to stop the polling, but only to avoid this event/problem.

Is there a way to stop?

Regards,

Babar

The event occurs when there is a "FAILED" response from the queue manager. You can't disable it. You must find out why it is failing and try to resolve that, or remove the cause of the failure. For example, if you are trying to collect Enqueue/Dequeue metrics but you don't have CHG permission on queues to collect those metrics, this will cause a FAILED response. To resolve that, disable collection for Enqueue/Dequeue metrics in the feature sets so it doesn't issue the command to get those metrics.

What is the reason for the failure?

Hello @diego_morales 

Thank you.

It is an internment issue. Therefore, we do not have the right reasons behind this.

Regards,

Babar

Check your AMQERR01.LOG on your queue managers for failures. Failures are important to know why. You may open a support ticket to assist you with that.

Featured Posts