Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IBM MQ extension question

Mizső
DynaMight Leader
DynaMight Leader

Hi Folks,

I need your help. One of our clinets implemeted the IBM MQ ActiveGate extension (latest version).

There is an optional settings at the service user: queue objects (CHG - change).

Mizs_0-1674553881451.png

We realized this setting is required to pull 2 extra metrics from queues:

Mizs_1-1674554109610.png

• Time Indicator: Time messages stay in queue.
  • Last get/Last put: Time in milliseconds when MQGET and MQPUT commands were executed on this queue

Clinet would not like to add this permission to the service user which collects the data from the gueues.

They would like to make the required changes directly / manually in IBM MQ for the choosen queues. 

My question what should be changed on IBM MQ side or in other words what would be changed in IBM MQ side at the queue by the service user?  Does anyone have an experience about it? (Maybe form the extension team)

Unfortunatley about the support I have not received any useful answer or solution.

IBM MQ monitoring | Dynatrace Docs

Thanks in advance for your help.

Best regards,

Mizső

Dynatrace Community RockStar 2024, Certified Dynatrace Professional
2 REPLIES 2

diego_morales
Dynatrace Advisor
Dynatrace Advisor

Hi @Mizső 

If they do not want Enqueue and Dequeue metrics then no need to add that permission. If they want Enqueue/Dequeue then they must have that permission. It is a requirement by IBM because those metrics are only returned when executing a "RESET_STATISTICS" command on queues. Since those statistics are reset to 0 when it gets Enqueue/Dequeue then they require CHG permission on queues.

If there is some workaround to this, IBM Support would be best suited to answer that since it's about MQ inside functionality.

Thanks,

Diego

Hi @diego_morales,

I konw that I count on you. :dynaspin: 😉 Thanks for your swift response. I am going to share this information with the client.

Have a nice day.

Best regards,

Mizső

Dynatrace Community RockStar 2024, Certified Dynatrace Professional

Featured Posts