cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to build OneAgent extension demo plugin in Windows environment

joseafcampos
Participant

I have installed python version 3.8 from https://www.python.org/downloads/release/python-3810/

I made all steps in this link https://www.dynatrace.com/support/help/extend-dynatrace/extensions/oneagent-extensions/oneagent-exte... until the build step. When running build command I get this error:

C:\...\oneagent-demo-ext\examples\demo_oneagent_plugin>plugin_sdk build_plugin --no_upload
Arguments=Namespace(deployment_dir=None, no_cert_ver=False, no_upload=True, plugin_dir='C:\\...\\oneagent-demo-ext\\examples\\demo_oneagent_plugin', server=None, token=None, token_file=None, verbose=False)
Starting oneagent_build_plugin
Checking plugin metadata: C:\...\oneagent-demo-ext\examples\demo_oneagent_plugin\plugin.json
Validating plugin.json against schema
Error occured: <urlopen error [WinError 2] The system cannot find the file specified: 'name.json'>

Any ideas of what is causing this error?

Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4

ben_davidson
Dynatrace Helper
Dynatrace Helper

Depending on which version of the SDK you are using, you may see a Traceback message that references a problem in the jsonschema package. This is a dependency of plugin_sdk. There was a change made in version 4.10.0 of jsonschema that seems to have broken several tools that depend on it.

ben_davidson_0-1662069209544.png

For now, the best course of action is downgrade your version of jsonschema to <=4.9.1. Run the command:

pip install jsonschema==4.9.1

After the downgrade is complete, try running the build command again. Here's an example of the error, the downgrade and a rerun of the build command:

FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'xxx/plugin_deployment/xxx/plugin.json'
❯ pip install jsonschema==4.9.1
Collecting jsonschema==4.9.1
  Using cached jsonschema-4.9.1-py3-none-any.whl (79 kB)
Requirement already satisfied: attrs>=17.4.0 in ./venv/lib/python3.11/site-packages (from jsonschema==4.9.1) (22.1.0)
Requirement already satisfied: pyrsistent!=0.17.0,!=0.17.1,!=0.17.2,>=0.14.0 in ./venv/lib/python3.11/site-packages (from jsonschema==4.9.1) (0.18.1)
Installing collected packages: jsonschema
  Attempting uninstall: jsonschema
    Found existing installation: jsonschema 4.10.0
    Uninstalling jsonschema-4.10.0:
      Successfully uninstalled jsonschema-4.10.0
Successfully installed jsonschema-4.9.1
❯ ./build_and_simulate.sh
File: /etc/init.d/dynatracefunctions not found - Remote Plugin Module is detected
Arguments=Namespace(plugin_dir='xxx/', deployment_dir='xxx/plugin_deployment', verbose=False, no_upload=True, no_cert_ver=False, server=None, token=None, token_file=None)
Starting oneagent_build_plugin
Checking plugin metadata: /Users/xxx/dev/xxx/plugin.json
Validating plugin.json against schema
Plugin data: Plugin name=xxx, version=0.1.1
Cleaning up previous build information

Hope that helps!

Thank you for your answer.

I will try your solution, but in the meantime i made some progress.

As strange as it my seams, I've created an empty json file 'name.json' that was causing the exception. Then it threw another exception that it was missing a file name 'units.json'. I also created this file, and finally it threw an exception that a file 'properties.json' was missing. I made a copy of 'plugin.json' and renamed it to 'properties.json'.

After this changes i was able to run de simulator , build the extension and uploaded to Dynatrace compiled with the latest version of python 3.10.6.

Thank you.

I have applied your solution, downgraded the jsonschema and it worked.

gilles_tabary
Advisor

Peoples : you saved me. Thanks.

Featured Posts