cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How is the Associate Certification exam structured?

aashok1
Newcomer

Hello Fellow Dynatracers,

I recently got my first job and one of the tools I will be using on a daily basis is Dynatrace. I want to get my Associate Certificate and want to know what set of videos/documentation to look at. Currently, I am looking at the Dynatrace Admin video. I also have access to my office's Dynatrace environment so I can have hands-on access to the software and have real-time scenarios. For those that do have the certificate, how is the exam structured?

5 REPLIES 5

pahofmann
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

You should have a look at the Dynatrace SaaS/Managed videos in the Dynatrace university, also the dynatrace youtube channel has some great information in the performance clinics and demos.

To get an idea of how the exam is structured take a look at the taste of the test and dynatrace associate blueprint in the university.

The associate is just answering question. The professional exam also has a practical part.

Dynatrace Certified Master, AppMon Certified Master - Dynatrace Partner - 360Performance.net

radek_jasinski
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

I recommend you to watch all the instruction videos from the University and get acquainted with the Blueprint in order to get to know the material for the exam. Also I recommend explore the documentation documentation 🙂

You probably have access to a demo environment where you can practice in a limited scope: http://demo.live.dynatrace.com/ 

Head up - the exam is not so hard. Practice Practice Practice:)

Radek

Have a nice day!

Thank you, i attempted the practice exam i didnt do too well. Is it mostly questions like what is the one agent? What is the difference between SaaS vs managed? Basically is it similar to questions in regards to definintions or real world scenarios where it shows a picture of some metrics and asks you more in depth details?

There is both in the exam. Question about the basic concepts and terms of dynatrace, but also question about real world scenarios, e.g. a screenshot of a dashboard where you should give some details.

Dynatrace Certified Master, AppMon Certified Master - Dynatrace Partner - 360Performance.net

Thank you for the feedback patrick. I really Appreciate it. I am going to watch the admin videos regarding dynatrace SaaS in addition to using my company's current instance to view metrics and other categories.

Featured Posts