cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

99% other - pure path not helpful, no method hotspot available - how to proceede?

I have some issues with debugging a webplatform on IIS / .net with Dynatrace.

I get random calls that take 2-5 seconds and pure path shows me that a huge part of the time is spent in "other".

mathias_indermu_0-1643292332236.png

Method hotspot is mostly not available for these calls.
The response time analysis shows me some IIS modules, also some from the framework which is used (Sitecore). But I get no details where the time is spend.

mathias_indermu_1-1643292438245.png

How to proceede?

2 REPLIES 2

Dallas
Dynatrace Mentor
Dynatrace Mentor

Hi Mathias,

If you have the ability to check in the "Settings" Section go into "Server-side service monitoring" -> "deep monitoring" -> "New OneAgent features"

Here you will find .Net and IIS features. Could you check to see if they are enabled and the app has the minimum agent version? See screenshot:

Dallas_0-1643298937118.pngDallas_1-1643298945240.png

The "IIS Module Insights" feature in particular should be enabled, but the other ones might help as well depending on the application.

I would suggest turning these on in a lower environment and verifying the app before moving to production as these features will change how the OneAgent injects into your application. 

If that does not solve your issue I would suggest opening a ticket with Dynatrace Support.

Hope this helps

Thanks

-Dallas

Thanks Mr. Dallas
I checked for these, and I couldn't find them. I'm running the latest one Agent. And I assume they are already implemented when I instrumented the system a few weeks ago. 

In my opinion the fact that I can see which module is consuming how many percent of the time/cpu(?) I guess already shows that the IIS module are instrumented. 

Featured Posts