cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

API Definitions - using on Dashboards ans Multidimensional Analysis in Dynatrace Managed

urs_fischer
Helper

Because my other Idea was closed i try it again:
In Dynatrace AppMon there was the "API Breakdown" which made a listing based on the defined APIs regarding Exec Avg, Exec Sum, Cpu Avg, Cput Total....
example:

urs_fischer_0-1652188949521.png

Now I am looking for a similar view in Dynatrace Managed. I have also configured the "API detection rules" there under "Settings, Server-side service monitoring, API detection rules".
But now I cannot display these API detection rules as example in the "Multidimensional analysis".

For example the Metric CPU Time filtered of API detection rule:

urs_fischer_1-1652188949498.png

We would like to find out, for example, how much CPU time an API configured under "API detection rule" has used. Does anyone of you have a solution here. 

In the documentation the following is written:
"Custom API definitions are used to further segment the API breakdown and make it easier to quickly see which frameworks contain hotspots."

urs_fischer_2-1652188949515.png

You can see the APIs in the Method hotspot, but unfortunately that's all. As far as I know, you can neither display the APIs on a dashboard (with Data Explorer) nor analyze the APIs directly (Multidimensional Analysis, split by Dimension API or use a Filter to a API itself).

In the old Post there was an answer about "Method Hotspot" where i can find the "Top API's". It is helpful, but need to use this on Dashboards and probably also in the Multidimensional Analyis.

1 REPLY 1

ChadTurner
DynaMight Legend
DynaMight Legend

Yeah so the Multidimensional Analysis chart is not pinnable at this time to a dashboard. and hotspots cant be on the dashboard either. the closest you can get is a markdown tile with a link to the Multidimensional Analysis chart.

-Chad

Featured Posts