cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Request attribute condition for calculated service metric

Fselvanadin
Observer

Hi community,

I need your help in order to create a calculated service metric based on service response time builtin metric.

I would like to collect service response time from a "top service" (SERVICE A) and using the conditions below :
- only requests that calling the sub-service named "SERVICE T"
AND
- SERVICE T request attribute value (named RA_HEADER_X-TYPE) equals to "TYPE1"

From my understanding, we can create this kind of configuration by using "Match on downstream services".

Unfortunately it doesn't work as expected.
For you information, SERVICE T is not the nearest service of SERVICE A (We could have several services called between them).

Please find below some configuration screenshots.

Have you ever use this feature? Do you know if it works when the sub-service is not directly called from the top one?

Thank you for your help.

Regards Freddy

Fselvanadin_0-1710766900722.png

Fselvanadin_1-1710766939856.png

2 REPLIES 2

Eric_Yu
Dynatrace Advisor
Dynatrace Advisor

Hi Freddy,

Not sure if you're asking this, but if you're trying to create a metric with a topology condition of calls_from or calls_to service, this is not supported.

Eric_Yu_1-1710861087932.png  Eric_Yu_0-1710860978911.png

And regarding the "Match on downstream services", I'm pretty sure it only applies to child services directly below them.

Regards,

Eric Yu

Fselvanadin
Observer

Hello @Eric_Yu 

thank you for your answer.

I think you're right.

I've tried to create a similar metric, from a "parent" service (directly connected to the one which extracts the request attribute) : the request attribute condition is working as expected.

Thank you for help

Regards 

Freddy

Featured Posts