cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clarification needed about log monitoring retention periods

Orphan_Nate
Visitor

Hi,

I would like if someone could clarify a few questions I got  regarding log monitoring in terms of retention periods.

I have seen that we can store logs for a maximum of 10 years + 1 week of retention time, while the default is 35.

In a different place I have seen something about "logs retained for 5-90 days", which confused me a bit.

Can anyone assist me with understanding what each of them refers to? also, additional data if exists regarding the retention periods will be appreciated.

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5

DanielS
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Hello @Orphan_Nate the Dynatrace retention periods are listed here. https://docs.dynatrace.com/docs/manage/data-privacy-and-security/data-privacy/data-retention-periods 

The true delight is in the finding out rather than in the knowing.

Hi @Orphan_Nate 
The linked post are quite old and no longer up to date.
Please refer to the current retention periods shared by Daniel

DanielS
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Regarding logs now you have 3 options depending if you’re in SaaS or On-Premise.  On-Premise you can customize and in SaaS you have two options depending if you’re using Grail or logs classic. Please refer to the article attached in my previous post. 

The true delight is in the finding out rather than in the knowing.

I am replying to this message again since it seems like the replay to an older message did not put it as the last reply? not sure how the forums works.

Anyway, this reply was just to bounce up the thread.

Featured Posts