cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credential access extended to specified users and Dynatrace Apps - Released in 1.282

sivart_89
Advisor

Documentation below for a feature released with cluster 1.282.

I have been looking at this more. Is there any plan to allow for an AD group to be used for the users who have access to use the credential? For us at least this would be better than individual email accounts since users come and go, using group access would be simpler and reduce with having to maintain the list of users to update as users leave or as new users come in and need access to the credential. For reference at some point using groups seemed to have been planned, as noted in the 2nd link and screenshot below.

The other question is how do we update the owner of the credential? I have tried using the v2/credentials/{id} endpoint. It goes through with a 204 but the updated owner is never reflected in dynatrace. So if the owner of a credential leaves and no longer has access to dynatrace and we are to update the credential owner to be his replacement how would we do that? Do we really need to have that new user recreate the synthetic?

Something else, it seems only the owner of the credential has the ability to update it. Are there any plans to allow for an AD group to have this access? Going back to my comments above around people coming and going.

https://docs.dynatrace.com/docs/shortlink/release-notes-saas-sprint-282#credential-access-extended-t...

https://community.dynatrace.com/t5/Product-ideas/RFE-Expand-on-the-Credential-Vault-access/idi-p/164...

sivart_89_0-1706196510772.png

2 REPLIES 2

radek_jasinski
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Hi @sivart_89 

The request to use an AD group for users who have access to Dynatrace credentials has been recognised and has been a topic of discussion in the Dynatrace community. However, according to the latest information, there is no direct mention of the implementation of this feature yet. Access to and management of credentials by the AD group Similar to the request for AD group access to use credentials, the idea of enabling the AD group to be able to update credentials has been confirmed.

The process of updating the credential owner appears to be via the v2/credentials/{id} endpoint. However, the user experience of not seeing the updated owner reflected in Dynatrace suggests that there may be issues with this process or additional steps required. This may be a specific issue that may require direct support from Dynatrace.

Radek

Have a nice day!

Hi @radek_jasinski,

Thank you for the information. When you say 'the idea of enabling the AD group to be able to update credentials has been confirmed', does this mean that dynatrace is aware of this and will be working towards implementing this in the future?

For the owner not being updated, I will create a ticket with support.

Featured Posts