cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DB2 SQL ERROR - SQLCODE & SQLSTATE is hidden

akerimd
Frequent Guest

Hello, the db team has a request from me, how can I make the *****' s in the outgoing warnings visible as follows.

akerimd_0-1667834742491.png

Thank you,

4 REPLIES 4

andre_f
Dynatrace Mentor
Dynatrace Mentor

Hi @akerimd 

You could check if users who have the permission "View sensitive request data" can see this data. Usually data is masked like this for people with insufficient permission - see here.

Then you can adjust the permissions.

Hi,

I think in this case the asterisks could simply indicate a variable, i.e. Dynatrace is lumping those different exception messages together in one row, even if the SQLCODE for example might differ between DB calls. To view the precise values, try opening the Distributed Traces view. You can add a filter "Failed state = only failed" there, to only show the relevant traces.

akerimd
Frequent Guest

We have a DB2 database and the db team selects the relevant database and sees ******** like below,

akerimd_0-1671371211199.png

in the codes in the failure analysis section from the detail section, how can I make it visible. I've tried the suggestions above but haven't found a solution yet, Please help me thank you.

The solution was to look at individual traces, did you try that? I'm not aware of any way to make them visible on the failure analysis page.

Featured Posts