cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Explorer Code - OR Condition Issues

shakib
Guide

So the following syntax for a simple dashboard is passing syntax check. I'm able to get it to display results for the servers in the AND (in()) condition as well as in the and(not(in)) condition. 

but I am unable to get the list of servers in the OR condition. Any suggestions on why this would be? 

builtin:host.cpu.usage:filter(and(in("dt.entity.host",entitySelector("type(host),entityName.startsWith(~"ABC~")"))),and(not(in("dt.entity.host", entitySelector("type(~"HOST~"),entityName.equals(~"DEF~")")))),or(in("dt.entity.host", entitySelector("type(~"HOST~"),entityName.startsWith(~"GHI~")")))):splitBy("dt.entity.host"):avg:auto:sort(value(avg,descending)):limit(100)

I also have no issues seeing the results of the following looking for just servers GHI. It's only when I include the OR condition that the data for the below no longer appears in the query above:

builtin:host.cpu.usage:filter(and(in("dt.entity.host",entitySelector("type(host),entityName.startsWith(~"GHI~")")))):splitBy("dt.entity.host"):avg:auto:sort(value(avg,descending)):limit(100)

2 REPLIES 2

techean
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

By any chance were you able to find the cause by now?

KG

shakib
Guide

No, this is still an open issue for me. 

Featured Posts