cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting a custom metric dimension

sivart_89
Advisor

Is there a way to delete a custom metric dimension? I've accidentally added a incorrect value to the dimension and want to remove it. Do I need to delete the metric itself? Ideally don't want to lose the data tied to the metric, I just need the dimension removed from the metric.

5 REPLIES 5

You can change the dimension value, so you could put in a new dimension and let the metric be calculated for those. 

Nevertheless, the dimension name you gave it before, you cannot change. So if you change from the dimension value from {RequestAttribute:A} to {RequestAtrribute:B}, the name of the dimension that you gave before (also what will show up in the data explorer and placeholders) will not adjust. So if you called it Request Attribute A, it will still be called that way.

A Dynatrace Professional nerd working for Conclusion Xforce

Apologies for not adding more context. The info provided seems to be related specifically to calculated service metrics. What I am working with is a custom 2.0 extension for database queries.

PacoPorro
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

In that case, the dimension lasts as long as there is data related to the specific dimension.
If you change the dimension, it will disappear if the timeframe does not contain the data.

Thank you for the information!

PacoPorro
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

Settings>Server-Side service monitoring > Calculated service metric

PacoPorro_0-1710141501508.png

@marina_pollehn already explained it, the dimension keeps the name.

PacoPorro_1-1710141552366.png

PacoPorro_2-1710141609261.png

Featured Posts