cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynatrace Environment Access -Support for 2FA

echwallah
Advisor

I have a client who requires Access to their environment to support 2FA.

How can this be achieved or if anyone has achieved this, please provide the most effective way how this can be done and any details and documentation to support this

Dynatrace Certified Associate
2 REPLIES 2

Christophe_N
Advisor

Hi,

I think Dynatrace SSO is not supporting this (as far as I know - and to be confirmed by Dynatrace itself)

However using other Identity provider (Microsoft, as well as others) is supported.
On our side, having the same need as you, we switched to the idp of the company which is supporting 2FA

Regards,
Christophe

echwallah
Advisor

@Christophe_N I agree.

This is possible through your SSO/SAML identify providers. Your SSO identity provider would handle the MFA authentication to Google authenticator or Azure Authenticator etc. You simply integrate your ID provider to Dynatrace. The iDP hen will be responsible for re-direct of the request to their Authenticator and finalizing the Access to the Application.

Basically, the 2FA should be handled by their own iDP same way their use it to access any other Application.

I still wait to see if DT in their roadmap has any plan for this for their sign in and a 2FA Authenticator Application to be installed on a user's phone

Dynatrace Certified Associate

Featured Posts