Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Looking to upgrade from Dynatrace Managed to SaaS? See how

Dynatrace Managed Node keeps freezing causing UI inaccessible

leonatay
Guide

Hi community,

Had a few issues that I encountered and was wondering if anyone had experience dealing with this. I have a Dynatrace Managed node sitting in an Ubuntu OS (VM). The VM freezes for 2 times in a row last week (see attachment) and caused the Dynatrace UI to be inaccessible (see attachment). Upon restart, the problem was solved temporarily but arises not long after. In CMC, there are messages like "Elastic storage service is malfunctioning", "transaction storage period truncated", and "insufficient system privileges on server".

error 500.pngfreezing execution.jpeg

  

Restarting the server isn't a permanent solution. Can reinstalling Dynatrace on a brand new RedHat OS solve the problem? Client suspect is OS problem

Sorry if this question isn't directly related to Dynatrace. Appreciate any response, would greatly help to gain my insights. Thank you

3 REPLIES 3

Ana_Kuzmenchuk
Community Team
Community Team

Hi @leonatay, we've moved the post to Q&A as it's not a community-related issue, and this way more people can see it. Hope you get your answer soon! 

The only constant is change. Finding ways for great things to happen!

Radoslaw_Szulgo
Dynatrace Guru
Dynatrace Guru

Indeed this looks like a broken installation. Not sure, what is the root cause - Virtual Machine performance, wrong permissions setup, or something else. Please create a support ticket -  http://support.dynatrace.com/

I'm sure we'll help you to solve this.

Senior Product Manager,
Dynatrace Managed expert

DanielS
DynaMight Leader
DynaMight Leader

As @Radoslaw_Szulgo recommends, for that type of problem, it's best to create a support ticket. As for the problem, it seems to be a wrong permission setting, but it may not be just linked to that.

The true delight is in the finding out rather than in the knowing.

Featured Posts