cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Elasticsearch OneAgent extension configuration

nanduraghav
Visitor

Hi, My scenario is that we hosted 4 ES instances in one on-premise server having different URLs (port number). When I checked in Dynatrace we can't monitor 4 URLs at a time (only1 at a time). Do any option is there to monitor all 4 different URLs to get monitor?. We have separate management zone available respective to the URLS. Tried the shared entity concept but didn't work out.

5 REPLIES 5

Radoslaw_Szulgo
Dynatrace Guru
Dynatrace Guru

I'm pretty sure it should work. I assume each ES instance has its process. Therefore, each should have at least one service bound to a separate port.

Senior Product Manager,
Dynatrace Managed expert

nanduraghav
Visitor

But how we can add multiple URLs?

nanduraghav_0-1675845677112.png

Ah OK. It's clear now. The question is related to the Elasticsearch OneAgent extension. Indeed this supports only 1 Elasticsearch instance per host. 

Senior Product Manager,
Dynatrace Managed expert

Any other possibility that we can implement here to monitor multiple instance from one host?

It is possible with a workaround. In the extension configuration, you should directly point to a Prometheus exporter endpoint instead of an Elasticsearch instance.  

Connect all your Elasticsearch endpoints to the Prometheus and then use the extension.

Senior Product Manager,
Dynatrace Managed expert

Featured Posts