cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can we push metrics to Dynatrace without OneAgent?

a_lakimsetty
Participant

Without OneAgent how can we push metrics to Dynatrace .can  anyone explain me detail?

7 REPLIES 7

Yosi_Neuman
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Hi @a_lakimsetty 

Please check Extend Dynatrace 

HTH

Yos 

dynatrace certificated professional - dynatrace master partner - Matrix Soft Ware Division - Israel

could you please let me know which ingestion method we should use?

It's deepened on what is your use case, can you please elaborate a bit which metrics you want to collect from where and when (i.e. what is the frequent of the collection) ?

dynatrace certificated professional - dynatrace master partner - Matrix Soft Ware Division - Israel

My use case is about how to push the metrics from app server to dynatrace ,i am doing it in generic way so it is not specific to app server 

In this case I would use Metrics API - POST ingest data points  or as @AntonioSousa  suggested Send data to Dynatrace with OpenTelemetry - Ingest custom metrics

HTH

Yos 

AntonioSousa
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

@a_lakimsetty,

If you are dealing with instrumenting your own application, take a look at OpenTelemetry.

If you are looking at application server metrics, you should really go with OneAgent. Is this is the case, why can't you?

Antonio Sousa

The challenge is that without oneagent we should push the metrics from app server to dynatrace.

Is there any method or solution ? Can you please let me know any method or solution ?

Featured Posts