cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add a SaaS based application into our monitoring system? I just have an IP...

How to add a SaaS-based application to our monitoring system? I just have an IP...

10 REPLIES 10

JamesKitson
Dynatrace Guru
Dynatrace Guru

What product are you using? AppMon, Dynatrace, Synthetics?

Regardless if this is truly a SaaS I imagine there is very little monitoring (especially in-depth) monitoring that you can do as the provider of this service would be managing this completely on their end. Depending on what you're using there may be options such as monitors in AppMon or synthetic tests but even then I'd make sure there is no legal issue or anything in testing in that way.

James

response posted

Thanks James.

This is Dynatrace SaaS managed Model and we have no clue what to do to get the SaaS based product stitched in for end-2-end monitoring. The products are all onboarded and they provide some dashboard to monitor, but do not want the silo monitoring mode to start in our environment. any links that document how we utilize Dynatrace to get this done or is Dynatrace stretched too far James?

Hi Singarajagadeesh,

I found some documentation on how to monitor SaaS applications with Dynatrace SaaS Managed.

https://help.dynatrace.com/user-experience-monitoring/real-user-monitoring/how-do-i-set-up-agentless-real-user-monitoring/

Hope this Helps,

Eric

pahofmann
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

If you wan´t to monitor a SaaS based product where you have no access/control over the server where it is running on you can only use the Javascript Injection (UEM) to Monitor the application.

Dynatrace Certified Master, AppMon Certified Master - Dynatrace Partner - 360Performance.net

Is that even possible? You would still need to have the ability to control web page to do the injection

Yes it´s possible. We recently did a PoC with Oracles Salescloud (Oracles version of Salesforce), it also possible for e.g. SharePoint SaaS. Many SaaS solutions offer a way to include a Javascript or modify the page template and add the script that way.

Dynatrace Certified Master, AppMon Certified Master - Dynatrace Partner - 360Performance.net

Ahh okay, didn't even think this may be something they would actually have a built in way to support that - good to know. Just checking - you're referring to Dynatrace right?

Yes, but this would work for either dynatrace or appmon.

I figured, just wanted to make sure. Thanks!

Featured Posts