cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to rename process group instances

AK
Pro

Hi Folks,

I have a requirement where I want to rename few process group instances.

Dynatrace has detected two process groups with same name (DT created two different Process groups because they have different host group names) and those process groups has same process group instances names.

Something like below,

AK_0-1679919916201.png

How can I rename those PGIs, or do you have any other suggestions?

Regards,

AK

6 REPLIES 6

AntonPineiro
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Hi,

You can create Process group naming rules to add some metadata.

Best regards

❤️ Emacs ❤️ Vim ❤️ Bash ❤️ Perl

@AntonPineiro , I guess, this will rename a process groups not process group instances.

Hi, do you have enough metadata on process istance from the autodiscover of Oneagent in order to distinguish single PGIs?

If so you can go for a advance process group detection rule and define the "Process instance extraction":

y_buccellato_0-1679924263648.png

If not you have to insert environment variable at the start of your process and the procedure will vary based on what tech you are using. Here is the link for it:

https://www.dynatrace.com/support/help/shortlink/process-group-properties#variables

Cheers

@y_buccellato, yes I have some metadata for differentiation.

Kubernetes full pod name has name like instance-1, instance-2 and so on..

Regards,

AK

Then I guess you are near to a solution, if metadata allows you to enrich your process discovery mechanism,
Try it and let us know, but know that for the rule to be applied you'll need to restart the process itself.

This will discover a process as a new one, not aggregated to the previous process group you had.

In my case (in my org) the adopted hierarchy is:

process group = namespace

|___________>> process istance = full pod name

And reflected it via advanced process detection rule in DT. It is always about finding a common pattern 🙂

@y_buccellato Sure I added a rule however need a restart of processes. Thanks for quick guidance on this.

Regards,

AK

Featured Posts