cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Looking to upgrade from Dynatrace Managed to SaaS? See how

How to restart Dynatrace nodes on the cluster?

shashank_b_agra
Organizer

Hi, How do i restart Dynatrace nodes in a cluster one by one? I have 3 nodes dt-p1, dt-p1 & dt-p1 and i have made some changes in custom.settings file and now I have to restart them one by one.

Is there a direct way to do this? Will the below command work -

/opt/dynatrace-managed/launcher/dynatrace.sh restart

7 REPLIES 7

Radoslaw_Szulgo
Dynatrace Guru
Dynatrace Guru

Yes that is correct.

Here’s what is available in documentation:

https://www.dynatrace.com/support/help/setup-and-configuration/dynatrace-managed/operation/dynatrace...

You can also use CMC UI to restart each node within cluster node details page.

Or use REST API.

There’s no dedicated one button to restart all nodes in a rolling fashion. You have to do that by your own.

Senior Product Manager,
Dynatrace Managed expert

@Radoslaw S. Thanks for your quick response. Unfortunately the command line restart requires root which we don't have.

Could you help how we can do that using CMC UI or REST API please?

Dynatrace.sh requires sudo, that’s right.

To restart via UI, login to CMC, go to deployment status, cluster nodes, select a node and click “restart” (button top right corner).

Senior Product Manager,
Dynatrace Managed expert

@Radoslaw S. Brilliant thank you. Let me check on that. Also if i disable one agent on one node and do a restart, will there be any loss in monitoring?

Radoslaw_Szulgo
Dynatrace Guru
Dynatrace Guru

You don’t need to disable OA traffic for the restart. OA will know the node is restarted and will report to the other node. No harm to the data. However you won’t see PurePaths for the time sever is down.

Senior Product Manager,
Dynatrace Managed expert

Hi @Radoslaw S. Thank you so much for your insights. It was really helpful.

I need one more advice. I have made a config change yesterday on all my 3 nodes using custom.settings file and restarted them one by one. For some weird reason, the opt/dynatrace-managed/server/conf/config.properties is only reflecting changes on one server while on other 2 changes are not reflected. I don't know what could be wrong but do you think of anything which I have done wrong? The change i made was this

[http.client.external]
proxy-non-proxy-hosts = *.mydomain.com

adminApmosys
Contributor

Hii   shashank_b_agra Does after the cluster restart all the services inside the cluster gets restarted or we need to differently start the services like cassendra , nginx and elasticsearch inside the cluster if we need to do a restart for all these services differently then what commands does it needs to do so 

Thanks and regards 

Rohan 

Featured Posts