cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to auto-tag user session custom metrics?

ianw
Frequent Guest

I am attempting to auto-tag a User-session custom metric / metric event for routing in alerting. 

I have been able to manually add tags to a metric event by adding a property to the triggered event. 

I have not been able to find a way to auto-add a tag to a metric event similar to how it is done under settings > tags > automatically applied tags. 

I found some previous posts that suggest that this is possible by creating a custom device then somehow attaching the metric to that device. I was unable to find a way to attach a metric to the custom device when created. 

Is this possible or do I need to manually tag each metric event? 

1 REPLY 1

Julius_Loman
DynaMight Legend
DynaMight Legend

You don't have such option with the USQL custom metrics (those prefixed with uscm), since for automatic tagging you would need to have this metric bound to an entity. You can't bound the USQL custom metrics to an entity at the moment (e.g. providing a dt.entity.host dimension, even with a fixed value) as currently it allows only USQL fields be selected as dimensions.

However can manually add tags to the metric metadata or use API for automating that.

Certified Dynatrace Master | Alanata a.s., Slovakia, Dynatrace Master Partner

Featured Posts