cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile app monitoring

amitbsht321
Contributor

Hello Team,

We planning to start mobile app monitoring. But application team has a query, stated below:-

Since they have 4 environments in Mobile application (Dev, QA, PreProd and Prod) and considering they require to have each environment reporting to a dedicated application in Dynatrace in order to avoid having all environments mixed together in a single place.

How can have a dedicated “dynatrace.config.js” per environment from the mobile development perspective?

Please assist on this.

Regards,

Amit Singh Bisht

5 REPLIES 5

echwallah
Advisor

Hi @amitbsht321 I believe(I stand corrected since am not a Mobile App expert) I believe it would equally work if you have separate Environments within the same account and set up the Application with different dynatrace.config.js for each environment.

https://www.dynatrace.com/support/help/get-started/monitoring-environment/can-i-set-up-multiple-moni...

These multiple separate environments will receive monitoring data from the separate Mobile Application pipelines I believe

Dynatrace Certified Associate

echwallah
Advisor

Optionally also one can create 4 different Mobile Applications within  the same environment and each application will have its own dynatrace.config.js file. You can name and apply tagging rules to uniquely identify the different applications created

https://www.dynatrace.com/support/help/how-to-use-dynatrace/tags-and-metadata/setup/how-to-define-ta...

Once tagging rules are applied, one can set up different Management zones for the different application pipelines for separate views and other contexts

techean
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

the agent plugin can be used. Define different application entity using meta data and separate app using domains. Also try clubbing it with network zones of respective host/ services (dev/ uat/ prod/ others) 

KG

echwallah
Advisor

Thanks for the Insights @techean you teach me something new everyday

techean
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

Need not mention Brother ! You too do it likewise 😊 We should keep learning form from everyone and everywhere. 

KG

Featured Posts