cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oracle Database Extension - "No keepalive from datasource" error

Starhut
Helper

Hi guys, I am testing on the Oracle Database extension. 

After added the Oracle endpoint and established the connection, an error "No keepalive from datasource sqlOracle. Restarting" kept showing and the metric collected in incomplete.

Any configuration can be done on Dynatrace to solve it?

9 REPLIES 9

Malaik
Champion

Hi

I did the integration before and no additional configuration is needed.

Please revert to the Database team to inderstand and try to find something.

Sharing Knowledge

Ana_Kuzmenchuk
Community Team
Community Team

Hey @Starhut did you manage to solve this maybe? We'll really appreciate if you share with the Community your solution 😊 and if you didn't, hopefully the right person sees this post and jumps in with an answer for you 😉

The only constant is change. Finding ways for great things to happen!

Hi @Ana_Kuzmenchuk , I have raised a support ticket. Will update you again.

I have the same problem. If anyone has a solution i would be grateful for a hint 😊

radek_jasinski
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

My team encountered an identical problem on our client env.

We have an open ticket. If I know more, I will let you know 🙂

Have a nice day!

Starhut
Helper

To update on what we have done: 

1. check on parameter SQLNET.EXPIRE_TIME 

2. remove and configure the extension again.

3. update the extension to latest version 

4. Research on keepalive setting in DB server and found that it is always on automatically in server by default. 

After all the changes above, error still there. Now, we are looking for a new direction on troubleshooting this issue. 

AntonioSousa
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

I had this problem in another v2 extension, in this case SNMP.

I did all type of tests, but then seeing this thread, I decided that would delete and recreate the monitoring configuration. To do that I preserved the JSON configuration.

To my great surprise, when I was recreating the monitoring configuration, I detected an IP with a trailing space. It worked after I recreated, but I would check if there's a space somewhere, in case someone gets this error too.

Antonio Sousa

jegron
DynaMight Pro
DynaMight Pro

Same as @AntonioSousa in my side ! The space in the IP field (POST via JSON payload) broke the entire Extension engine on the AG ... Like a loop in the process, high memory and cpu. Tricky debug to find it.

Observability Engineer at Phenisys - Dynatrace Professional

Ana_Kuzmenchuk
Community Team
Community Team

Hi @Starhut @radek_jasinski, were you able to solve the issue in those months? Could you please share some details with others, if you did 🙂 thanks! 

The only constant is change. Finding ways for great things to happen!

Featured Posts