Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Looking to upgrade from Dynatrace Managed to SaaS? See how

Remote environments connection not working

Ingrida
Mentor

Hi dear community,

I wonder if we do something obviously wrong or if there is more behind. We have Dynatrace Managed Offline License with 3 DT cluster (DEV, UAT, PROD) with multiple environments in each Cluster. 

For Dynatrace monitoring, we already created Dashboards in each Local-Self-Monitoring environment wich contains key information per each environment on each cluster using Remote Environments.  So far so good, but we still have to switch between 3 Dashboards to do visual monitoring (we have event-based monitoring too).

We tried to add remote environments from other cluster in order to have single dashboard for all environments xross all clusters, but it is not working. We get uri/token error each time I test the connection. 

So, first thought: FW issue. But actually I can access both, UI's of environments in different clusters from cluster nodes via curl and I can do API call via curl and get the results. However, if I use same URI and same Token as in test from cluster node in Setting Remote environment, I get an error. What is not working here?

Thanks for any ideas and happy new year!

Ingrida

3 REPLIES 3

Radoslaw_Szulgo
Dynatrace Guru
Dynatrace Guru

Hi @Ingrida , thanks for bringing your experience and ideas into the forum.

I think your approach is valid and should work. Can you share the exact error you have? Can you share more details about it?

Senior Product Manager,
Dynatrace Managed expert

Hi @Radoslaw_Szulgo ,

Here we are:

Ingrida_0-1672837449173.png

With same token from DT cluster host:

[xxx@xxx ~]$ curl -X GET "https://[uri]/api/v2/entities?entitySelector=type%28%22HOST%22%29" -H "accept: application/json; charset=utf-8" -H "Authorization: Api-Token TOKEN" {"totalCount":44,"pageSize":50...

That specific error message is caused by an IOException (typically if network connectivity is blocked due to a firewall or something). You can search for an info log in server logs with that specific message; we add to that line the exception message to get even more details.

Senior Product Manager,
Dynatrace Managed expert

Featured Posts