cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Request count of Percentile 90 Response Time

Biaggio
Observer

Guys, I have a dashboard with some response time measurements and one of them is the 90th percentile. I have the time, OK, but I was asked how many calls are within that time, within the P90. I didn't find a way to verify this and chatting with the chat, I wasn't given a solution either. Does anyone have an idea how to extract this information?

I need to know how many calls were inside that P95:

builtin:service.keyRequest.response.server:filter(and(or(in("dt.entity.service_method",entitySelector("type(service_method),entityName.equals(~"{keyrequest}~")"))))):splitBy():percentile(95.0):auto:sort(value(percentile(95.0),descending)):limit(100)

Thank you

4 REPLIES 4

michiel_otten
Mentor

Hi there,

I'm not sure if this is possible within the standard dashboarding. What you can do is create a multidimensional analysis to check it. So firstly use the query above to get the value, then use the Multidimensional Analysis to get the number of calls. 

michiel_otten_0-1677504838776.png

This will give you the number.

KR.
Michiel

#Performance matter!

Julius_Loman
DynaMight Legend
DynaMight Legend

If I got your question right - I believe you have the answer already - for 90 percentile - 90% of requests are below the 90 percentile. Same for any percentile. So you can use the builtin:service.keyRequest.count.server metric for the number.  But that's for metrics which have 1-minute resolution, not for individual requests see @michiel_otten answer. - this will be the most precise answer, but you can't have that on a dashboard.

Certified Dynatrace Master | Alanata a.s., Slovakia, Dynatrace Master Partner

michiel_otten
Mentor

To add on Julius:  you can combine your data explorer query with metric:
(builtin:service.keyRequest.count.total:splitBy("dt.entity.service_method")*0.9) for for fast request count
(builtin:service.keyRequest.count.total:splitBy("dt.entity.service_method")*0.1) for slowest 10%

michiel_otten_0-1677565388072.pngmichiel_otten_1-1677565400137.png

Tried playing around with percentile in metric above but does not seem to give the right number.
@Julius_Loman what's your experience with this?

#Performance matter!

Metric precision will never match the MDA since with metrics you work with 1-minute resolution aggregates at minimum. With MDA it's per request, and it will provide the most accurate answer.

Certified Dynatrace Master | Alanata a.s., Slovakia, Dynatrace Master Partner

Featured Posts