cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set data collection and crash reporting levels

swapnil
Observer
When i add this properties into my OpenKitBuilder i start getting following errors
        .withLogLevel(LogLevel.Error)
        // set a data collection level (user allowed you to capture performance and personal data)
        .withDataCollectionLevel(DataCollectionLevel.UserBehavior)
        // allow crash reporting (user allowed you to collect information on crashes)
        .withCrashReportingLevel(CrashReportingLevel.OptInCrashes)

dtOpenKit.ts:50 TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'Error')
4 REPLIES 4

swapnil
Observer

any help?

PierreGutierrez
Dynatrace Advisor
Dynatrace Advisor

Hi @swapnil 

Of the 3 configurations that you are applying. 2 are default configurations (it means that you do not need to apply the configuration at the code level).

We suggest you first carry out tests with the 3 default values. and then just add ".withLogLevel(LogLevel.Error)" and validate again.

PierreGutierrez_0-1714275983269.png

https://docs.dynatrace.com/docs/shortlink/openkit-api-methods
Tell us how it goes.

I hope it's helpful 💪

Pierre Gutierrez - LATAM ACE Consultant - Loving Cats! Loving Technology !

I don't have dynatrace agent running on my host. will this default setting still be working.

As soon as add 

.withLogLevel(LogLevel.Info)

It starts throwing an error 
swapnil_0-1714345064217.png

Hi @swapnil 
Dynatrace OpenKit offers a number of API methods that enable you to integrate OpenKit into your application.

With Dynatrace OpenKit you are not using a dynatrace agent, you are using a Dynatrace openkit Library, and all instrumentation its manual.

As I recommended, I suggest you carry out your tests with OpenKit, without modifying the 3 default values (without placing LogLevel.Info).

For clients that implement instrumentation for mobile applications, you only need to configure LogLevel.Debug or another, when there is an issue where "the expected data does not seem to be sent."

However, it is not required to change this default value in other cases.

Pierre Gutierrez - LATAM ACE Consultant - Loving Cats! Loving Technology !

Featured Posts