cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simulate a phone call with Synthetic Browser monitoring

Hi community,

is it possible to simulate a phone call via Synthetic monitoring to check if a real number is available?

or is it possible by any other feature in DT to check if real phone numbers are available by literally calling them?

I know it's a long shot but maybe someone have already experienced or put some thought in it 🙂

@HannahM you are my beacon of light 😄 when everything boils down to Synthetic,

Regards!

Ps

I found a product idea that resonate with my question:
https://community.dynatrace.com/t5/Product-ideas/Synthetic-Browser-Monitor-With-Multimedia-Sites/idi...

6 REPLIES 6

HannahM
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

I've just updated the other product idea with how to enable the microphone on a private location AG. Does that allow you to use the application you were thinking of?

Synthetic SME and community advocate.

I still don't know if this could work cause I just received the input yesterday but hey! Thanks for the code 🙂 Did you ever received such a request? (it's a little bit out of the scope for an APM solution) 

Yeah, I agree, I'm not sure how it would work. I guess the main problem might be that even if you called the number how would you know if it was disconnected or answered as Synthetic wouldn't actually be listening, just checking for something to change on the page. 

Synthetic SME and community advocate.

ct_27
DynaMight Pro
DynaMight Pro

I'm not sure if there is a way to get the synthetic to call Twilio API but you could maybe use Twilio to reach your goal.  I've done this outside of Dynatrace to test phone systems and honestly would one day to try having a synthetic do the same in order to test our emergency phones.

Here is Twilio's documentation page on this topic:  https://www.twilio.com/docs/voice/make-calls

At the moment, for our VoIP phones we use Dynatrace Port Extension to validate the port 5060 (Most VoIP calls go through port 5060. This port uses both TCP and UDP.)

HigherEd

Interesting, first time I heard twilio it was on stock market .
I also asked chatGpt before your suggestion and it also mentioned some twilio library. Your contribution is even more specific and valuable.

I appreciate it, thank you

StefanPostma
Dynatrace Participant
Dynatrace Participant

Hi y_buccellato  just to follow up on this request. I have a contact in the Netherlands who could help you out with this. It loads the data into Dyntrace as external synthetics. Let me know if you need more info: Stefan.postma@dynatrace.com

Featured Posts