cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support for WMware vCenter 7.0.1?

AntonioSousa
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Officially, VMware vCenter 7.0.1 is not supported.

It seems it's a compliance issue, and some tests have to be done.

But the question I'm really interested is if someone has managed to put it working with 7.0.1?

Antonio Sousa
7 REPLIES 7

ChadTurner
DynaMight Legend
DynaMight Legend

@Antonio S. we have not gone down that road yet, hopefully someone else has gotten their hands dirty on trying to make this work and they can share some insights!

-Chad

Thanks Chad. Seems to be working OK.

Antonio Sousa

AntonioSousa
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

In the case we are following, it was decided to go forward with the update to 7.0.1.

The VMware data has been flowing into the Dynatrace platform, without any visible problem for some hours now, so I would assume it's OK.

But it would be important that Dynatrace acknowledge that it is supported, since version 7 has been with us for some 9 months now...

Antonio Sousa

p_esposito
Guide

Any news on VMware vCenter 7?

I see on support matrix it is still officially unsupported, right?

I'm assuming we might hear something about it next week at perform. If your not registered yet, i'd recommend doing so!

-Chad

barryla
Helper

Hi Antonio, I have multiple vCenter 7.0.1 instances connected in my environment without any problems.

One concern I have regarding vCenter monitoring is that the datastores are reported at a ESX host level where it should be reported at a cluster level as the disk is across the cluster to make vMotion easier. This has been raised with Dynatrace without any bite to understand the datastores on VMWare better.

Barry

michal_nalezin
Dynatrace Advisor
Dynatrace Advisor

We have completed the tests and we can confirm that Dynatrace works perfectly with vCenter 7.0.2.
Documentation update is on the way.

Thanks and regards

Michal Nalezinski

Product Manager

Featured Posts