Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synthetic Performance Analysis Missing

Babar_Qayyum
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Dear All,

We have a single-URL browser monitor which is monitored from two locations (Texas & Dubai). One of them has a detailed analysis, but the other one does not. What could be the reason behind this issue?

Babar_Qayyum_0-1680681049315.png

Babar_Qayyum_1-1680681195290.png

Regards,

Babar

9 REPLIES 9

radek_jasinski
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Hi Babar,

It seems that one location is not working correctly. Have you tried making a new synthetic monitor and adding just the non-working location there? Or add another location instead of the faulty one?

Regards,

Radek

Have a nice day!

Hello @radek_jasinski 

There are only 2 locations available from Dubai. I checked both of them and they are not working. Although, they were working perfectly fine in the past.

The wearied thing is that the waterfall is available on other single-URL browser monitors from Dubai.

Regards,

Babar

I think that in this case it is necessary to create a ticket in support.

Radek

Have a nice day!

HannahM
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

I take it there are no waterfalls for Dubai? What's the difference in total duration between Texas and Dubai?

Synthetic SME and community advocate.

Hello @HannahM 

Apologes. I could not get the question. What's the difference in total duration between Texas and Dubai?

Regards,

Babar

I was wondering if the total duration metric was very different for each of the 2 locations. I suspect that the trigger for ending the script is being received promptly on the Dubai location even though all the resources have not yet loaded. We sometimes see this where there is a redirect/ interstitial page. You can change the wait that is being used to a timed wait in the Monitor Script tab. 
I would try changing
"wait": {
"waitFor": "page_complete"
}

to 
"wait": {
"waitFor": "time",
"milliseconds": 30000
}
and see if that changes the behaviour. 

Synthetic SME and community advocate.

Hello @HannahM 

I applied the suggested changes and will share the results with you shortly. On the other side, I

would like to bring to your knowledge that I have tried the on-demand execution which was successful in regards to the availability and performance but without any waterfall.

Babar_Qayyum_0-1680684048398.png

Regards,

Babar

Hello @HannahM 

The suggested method by you starts working perfectly fine. Thank you for your accurate and prompt support.

Babar_Qayyum_0-1680685556999.png

Regards,

Babar

@HannahM thank you!  good will know it

Have a nice day!

Featured Posts