cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Task Manager got from Host

carlos_carreno
Contributor

Good afternoon, I need support on how to retrieve this data from a host using the Task Manager in Dynatrace.

carlos_carreno_0-1709577102952.png

The client wants to see which users are connecting to the desktop on the virtual machine and their connection status, whether connected or disconnected.

Thank you.

6 REPLIES 6

AntonPineiro
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Hi,

I think this is not covered out-of-the-box by OneAgent. If you cannot find anything in Hub, maybe it would be developing your own extension.

Or raise a product idea to be covered by OneAgent.

Best regards

❤️ Emacs ❤️ Vim ❤️ Bash ❤️ Perl

AntonioSousa
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Process metrics are available out of the box. They were more clear in the old UI, as seen in the example below. Beware that not all processes may appear, as typically not all processes are monitored by Dynatrace (but they can be).

AntonioSousa_1-1709631638454.png

Antonio Sousa

Hi,

But can you see which users are connecting to the desktop on the virtual machine from there?

Best regards

❤️ Emacs ❤️ Vim ❤️ Bash ❤️ Perl

@AntonPineiro @carlos_carreno 

Was only looking at the usual process data. By default, there is no user info that I know of.

But it is doable through WMI, as you can gather data information and feed it into Dynatrace. It will not appear at the host level though. It will get you some neat information, like the amount of users logged on, etc. Please beware that RGDP rules might apply.

Antonio Sousa

I agree with @AntonioSousa 

WMI datasorce can be used to provide  the information

https://docs.dynatrace.com/docs/extend-dynatrace/extensions20/data-sources/wmi-extensions/wmi-tutori...

This should get the user

"SELECT UserName FROM Win32_ComputerSystem"

carlos_carreno
Contributor

Thanks for all these options, and now I know how the path forward will be.

Featured Posts