Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Looking to upgrade from Dynatrace Managed to SaaS? See how

Upgrade cluster node from micro to other size

Malaik
Champion

Dear All,

For cluster nodes, Is there any procedure to upgrade from Micro size to Small, Medium ...

Or we just need to increase the needed component as RAM, CPU...

If you have the right way, thanks to guide me.

Thanks and have a good day.

Sharing Knowledge
7 REPLIES 7

Babar_Qayyum
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Hello @Malaik 

It seems, resources are not the only thing to change the cluster size but there are other factors/or combinations as well.

Babar_Qayyum_0-1641114577480.png

https://www.dynatrace.com/support/help/setup-and-configuration/dynatrace-managed/installation/dynatr...

Regards,

Babar

Hi @Babar_Qayyum 

Yes I saw the table,

But if I change the DiskSpace, RAM, CPUs, IOPS...

The size move by itself to upper size?

Sharing Knowledge

Hi @Malaik ,

the sizing itself is just a recommendation. The main parameter is RAM. For a typical environment, it is also recommended to increase CPU. Disk parameters are mainly about the ability to store expected amount of data from agents.

Julius

Certified Dynatrace Master | Alanata a.s., Slovakia, Dynatrace Master Partner

@Malaik For the node type to be indicated as another one above in the table, it has to have the CPU & RAM indicated. The Dynatrace Cluster also has to be restarted.

The important thing you should be after is that the Cluster doesn't enter ALR. As @Julius_Loman has mentioned, RAM is normally the main parameter, followed by CPU. But, recently, it has been acknowledged the importance of disk: https://community.dynatrace.com/t5/Best-practices/Dynatrace-Managed-More-disk-IOPS-needed-for-the-ro...

Antonio Sousa

Thanks @AntonioSousa 

Do you know the way to check the actual IOPs for each node?

Thanks and have a good day.

Sharing Knowledge

@MalaikI personally use iostat, but please note it will give you only the IOPs in real-time, not the maximum value. If you want to benchmark, you will have to get a benchmarking tool.

Antonio Sousa

Thanks for your feedback
Yes also use iostat, I just asked you to verify which one you are using.

Have a good day.

Sharing Knowledge

Featured Posts