cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use Dynatrace as a single tool

fadilck
Newcomer

Hi All,

Can we us Dynatrace as a one single tool to monitor entire infra. I want to know that how much Dynatrace is capable for monitoring Network Infrastructure like (switches, Routers, Firewall etc). 

Usually we use other tools to monitor Network. Can we leverage the capability of other tools using DT for the same.

Also, is it a good Idea to use Dynatrace as a single tool to monitor the entire Infra.

Regards

Fadil

3 REPLIES 3

Mizső
DynaMight Leader
DynaMight Leader

Hi @fadilck,

Could you please check the links in my post regarding network infrastructure monitoring possibilities.

Re: Monitoring SAN/NAS - Dynatrace Community

I hope it helps in your decision.

Best regards,

Mizső

Dynatrace Community RockStar 2024, Certified Dynatrace Professional

AntonioSousa
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

@fadilck,

I come from a Network background. Have extensively used network management platforms in the past, for more than 30 years now.

Dynatrace was originally an APM solution, but for many years now, has been doing infra monitoring. That includes basically all types of servers, and also virtualization platforms like VMware.

Some years ago, Dynatrace introduced network management, through the support of SNMP. And as a network guy, I was quite impressed. Most of this support is done through SNMP, but it was cleverly done. Traps are supported very well, and integrate seamlessly with logs, where then can be leveraged into problems & metrics. Different types of SNMP versions are supported, including v3, with various levels of authentication/encryption supported. MIB support is also very good! Finally, it scales impressively, and I deal with at least one client who has thousands of monitored devices, at several levels.

It won't have all the bells & whistles that proprietary network monitoring solutions have (think EPNM for instance). And currently Dynatrace doesn't have the management option, where you like set configurations from it, only monitoring.

Finally, not sure of what other tools you are talking about, but for instance, we have integrated with EPNM, Spectrum, and other specific open-source tools/platforms. And that's the cutest part about Dynatrace:  it integrates so well & easily. If you check out the Dynatrace Hub, you will find possible solutions for your issue (just some quick suggestions, there are many more):

Antonio Sousa

Kenny_Gillette
DynaMight Leader
DynaMight Leader

I suggest to inventory what you want monitored and see what Dynatrace offers.  They can monitor a lot and always adding more.  Talk to your account rep.

Dynatrace Certified Professional

Featured Posts