cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Tagging with CSS Selectors in IE

AntonioSousa
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

I'm quite used with User Tagging with CSS selectors in Chrome. Now I have an application that is run on IE, and doesn't even work in Chrome. Other options for User Tagging are not easily implementable. How can I determine the correct CSS selectors in this situation?

Antonio Sousa
2 REPLIES 2

skrystosik
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

In IE you don’t have option to extract css selector like in chrome. This extracted from chrome (even if app may work) can be unacceptable for IE is engine. In such case best option is looking into source code of the page. If you have Id or class that is related to element that contains user name, you are lucky and you don’t have to worry about it. Just use .class or #elementid as selector. If this is more complicated, you can save page in IE as HTML and than open it in chrome. In such case it should load, than you can try dev tools to extract css selector. But here may not work properly because IE (depends of version) may not work with nth selector for example. You should try 🙂

Sebastian

Regards, Sebastian

Thanks Sebastian,

Saving the page and opening it in Chrome seems a nice trick to me. It will then be pretty easy to check it in IE with document.querySelector().

Antonio Sousa

Featured Posts