cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why the value of the blocked process is 1.37?

Vakho
Helper

Hello, 

Can someone explain to me, why the value of the blocked process is 1.37? I don't understand how it is possible to have 1 process and 0.37 processes. I tried to play with the last values, average, etc. But still don't know which one will be more accurate. 

Also, I tried to use this metric for New Dashboards (not the classic one) and seems it is not possible, does anyone tried it? 

Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5

Mizső
DynaMight Leader
DynaMight Leader

Hi @Vakho 

I would change the aggregation to count becasue the default is avg:

Mizs_0-1705615265126.png

This sould be the result:

Mizs_1-1705615344845.png

I hope it helps.

Best regards,

Mizső

Dynatrace Community RockStar 2024, Certified Dynatrace Professional

@Mizső 
Hi Mizső,
Sure thing, but again I have a question even regarding your screenshots, 
From the built-in metrics, you can see it shows 0.1, why? why not 1, 2, 3, etc.
And from the metric explorer, you have the same metric without filters but the value is more than 160, again why? and how can I double-check it? 

Also, with auto value, it should be considered to have Units as a Count and aggregation should be used as an average by default if it is predefined already, because we are not getting raw data like in Grafana, but it is somehow already processed data by Danatrace. 

Thank you Mizső!

Mizső
DynaMight Leader
DynaMight Leader

Hi @Vakho,

On the fisrt screen the default aggregation is avg, on that screen we can not change the aggregation. On the second srcreen I have changed the aggregation from avg to count.

Best regards,

Mizső

Dynatrace Community RockStar 2024, Certified Dynatrace Professional

Vakho
Helper

Also, if I change it to the count (explicitly) and the time frame will be 2 hours then it shows me 3 blocked processes.
3_b_process.PNG

But if I change it to 6 hours it shows me 9 processes, How the aggregation works in this case? 

Count_b_process.PNG

Vakho
Helper

Ignore the last one, I found out that it goes with overall in 3 min instead of 1 min. 

Featured Posts