cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

create clean URL rule

istvan_safranek
Participant

Hello!

Can anyone help me with creating clean URL rules?

I want to do these URLs conversions

/v1/OrderRESTService/api/my/orders/payments/receiver/2323232323232323232323232 -> /v1/OrderRESTService/api/my/orders/payments/receiver/[ACCOUNTNO]

/v1/CardRESTService/api/my/cards/3333333344445566 -> /v1/CardRESTService/api/my/cards/[CARDID]

/v1/OrderRESTService/api/my/orders/payments/12345/sign/P-12345-9af8cfad -> /v1/OrderRESTService/api/my/orders/payments/[TRANSACTIONID]/sign/[SIGNID]

/v1/BackendProxyServlet/proxy/geapi/my/accounts/q5d8dq43-92ec-384e-96bb-67n60uu9ik56-123421239064233 -> /v1/BackendProxyServlet/proxy/geapi/my/accounts/[ACCOUNTID]

For the first I've created with this regular expression: \/v1\/OrderRESTService\/api\/my\/orders\/payments\/receiver\/([0-9]+)

I can't see how can I replace the account numbers to [ACCOUNTNO]

6 REPLIES 6

ChadTurner
DynaMight Legend
DynaMight Legend

Have you tried this? You can also look into masking data as well. Id recommend reaching out to chat support on setting these up as they might be a bit complex.

-Chad

@Chad T. I believe @Istvan S. needs that on the service level, not on the web/mobile monitoring. These should apply only real user monitoring. Unfortunately for the service requests, it's only possible clean parts of URLs, not replace that. Only request naming rules are usable for the purpose.

If this is needed across services, it's good to use global request naming rules for that.

Certified Dynatrace Master | Alanata a.s., Slovakia, Dynatrace Master Partner

Yes I need this masking on the service level, just like the masking of the UUIDs, IP addresses and IBANS.

Where can I found the global request naming rules?

@Istvan S. those URLs you have are familiar to me (geapi for example), so I know what you want to achieve. 🙂

You need to define global request naming rules and that's at the moment available only via Configuration API. Documentation is here:
https://www.dynatrace.com/support/help/dynatrace-api/configuration-api/service-api/request-naming-ap...
It looks difficult at the first look, but in fact, it is not. It just requires some Dynatrace skills.
Be sure to leverage tags to narrow the scope of your rule only to services where this is required.

Certified Dynatrace Master | Alanata a.s., Slovakia, Dynatrace Master Partner

Thank you. Well, I'm new to dynatrace and it would be nice, if you can show me an example for masking certain section of a request.

istvan_safranek
Participant

Thank you. I will use this resource url cleanup rules.

Featured Posts