Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

log processing- custom rule

idand
Participant

Hi Team, 

In the log monitoring section I need to create a new rule that will 

collect a specific word, for example the name of the attribute is "requesturl ":

and the outcome contains \*\*\rest\*\ but the convention is not necessarily at the same order , that means that the location for the "rest"  can be changed . 

The question is if It possible to create a new rule that will display only a specific  word and then to present it at the side bar . 

Thanks in advance

3 REPLIES 3

MaciejNeumann
Community Team
Community Team

Hello @idand ,

Could you provide us with more information about your issue? Are you using Log Monitoring Classic or Log Management and Analytics powered by Grail?

If you have any questions about the Community, you can contact me at maciej.neumann@dynatrace.com

Hi MaciejNeumann , 

We are using Log Monitoring Classic . 

Thanks !

MaciejNeumann
Community Team
Community Team

Just got the answer from our developers 🙂 

Yes, it is possible, for example:FILEDS_ADD(requesturl,"static_word")will add attribute called requesturl with value "static_word".
In LM Classic to present such attribute in side bar you need to define it in custom attributes settings with enabled option "Show attribute values in side bar"

image (5).png

If you have any questions about the Community, you can contact me at maciej.neumann@dynatrace.com

Featured Posts