Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Looking to upgrade from Dynatrace Managed to SaaS? See how

Websphere application server (IBM BPM) cannot be instrumented

sorin_zaharov
Helper

Hi guys,
We have an urgent problem we encountered during a POC.
After the correct installation of OneAgent on several AIX host and restart of the processes, some of them are monitored(injected) correctly, some are not. Both have the same AIX, same Java version, same IBM BPM version.
OneAgent is running correctly, data is being provided in the Dynatrace GUI. When viewing the process it says "This process must be restarted". We can also see the events of restart in the events tab on the process.
I've created a OoneAgent diagnostics and looked at the logs. On the ones running well I can see a java folder created with content, on the ones without injection I cannot find the java folder.
Any ideas are welcome!
Thanks!

Sorin Z
3 REPLIES 3

Julius_Loman
DynaMight Legend
DynaMight Legend

The automatic injection on AIX uses a kernel module. It works only on supported AIX versions. Please check if the AIX is a supported version first. Then you can check the OA diagnostic or logs to check if the injection test is passing (process/oneagent_kmodloader*.log).

Certified Dynatrace Master | Alanata a.s., Slovakia, Dynatrace Master Partner

That was exactly the case.. Thanks for reopening our eyes.. even though the servers were supposed to be the same, they were not.

Some were 7.1 TL4.

To check we used oslevel -rq and oslevel -s .

Problem solved. OS not compatible.

Sorin Z

@sorin_zaharov you are welcome. I encountered the very same case about a year and a half ago. In the test environment, the customer had a supported OS version while in production they ran an unsupported older one. It was the same version as in your case 7.1 TL4 😀

Certified Dynatrace Master | Alanata a.s., Slovakia, Dynatrace Master Partner

Featured Posts